Monday, March 18, 2013

Trip to San Diego

Trying out the blogger app on my IPhone today. Hopefully this will work out well during the ride instead of having to pull out my laptop constantly.

Well, we end (or begin) in San Diego today. I've had a great time the past few days. With it being Katie's spring break we made a mini vacation out of getting to San Diego with a day at the Grand Canyon, a stop in Vegas for St Patrick's Day, and now a day and night in San Diego before our ride orientation/retreat tomorrow. The bike has hung on for dear life on the back of the car for the past 1300 miles and is ready to start this journey.

Everyone keeps asking if I am nervous for the trip and Katie thinks I'm crazy for answering "not really" to everyone. Sure I've been a little nervous right before a test or a race but those are just the jitters and adrenaline rushing. In general, I ten to ignore and overlook an nervous feelings. It just causes distraction from the opportunities in front of you. I am more so just excited and ready for all the hard work the past 9 months training, fundraising, planning, and researching to finally pay off. I want to just express my gratitude to everyone again that is helping make this adventure a real thing as well. I am blessed with so many amazing people in my life that support me through everything.

Ill update everyone in a couple days on how the retreat and the 1st day of climbing from sea level to the mountains goes. Also I will hopefully have the final specifics on the events in Oklahoma by then. Register for the community/solidarity Ride in Tulsa on April 13th with Mcnellie's for lunch afterwards at r4wh.org. Or let me know if you would like to help out and volunteer that morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment